Feed Mill Projects
WL Port-Land Systems Inc. offers a diverse expertise to provide solutions for your Feed Mill renovations, design/build, upgrades and engineering projects.
We begin with our customers key design criteria in mind. These include mill production requirements, hours of operation, number of feed types and formulas, considerations for pelleting, extrusion, bag or totes and warehouse space.
Our experience includes:
- Site Development support regarding property selection, rail design, topography, soil conditions, adequate drainage, seismic zone, water table, utilities and site access
- Customer Grain Storage and Ingredient requirements volumes and storage structure preferences are reviewed
- Rail and Truck Receiving parameters options are also evaluated
- Grinding to meet customers required particle size and inclusion range
- Batching, Mixing, Pelleting variables are taken into account during process equipment sizing and selection
- Quality and Safety Control designs through the facility including dust control systems, biosecurity features and sufficient access to mechanical equipment
- Equipment/Fabrication options are presented for review and selection while taking into account customer preferences
In many cases, both on new and renovation projects, we propose a phased partnership execution strategy.
The initial Phase 1 entails working with our customers through a collaborative process to fully develop the preliminary design and an accurate cost of construction. Phase 1 focuses on our customers operating design parameters and specifications. From there we continue with the development of the facility layout, equipment arrangement, preliminary structural, mechanical and electrical designs.
Phase 2 work is executed under a design/build Contract. This phased stepped execution process has proven itself to be very successful in the past while building trust between WL Port-Land Systems Inc. and our customers. We are extremely proud of our past execution record that has resulted in nearly 75% of our business with repeat customers.
Our real-world perspective is based on our knowledge of how your industry works.
Many of our employees have worked in operating Feed and Grain facilities and bring that experience into the design and decision-making process. We look forward to partnering with your company to provide customized engineered solutions to meet your companies’ objectives. Please take a few moments to review our extensive list of past feed mill renovations and design/build projects identified below.